Specialist (Climate Change & Resilience)
At WSP Canada, our Climate Change and Resilience team is growing with the ambition to help shape Canada’s response to climate change. We support Canadian governments, businesses, investors, and communities to better understand and manage their climate risks, and capture opportunities. There is an exciting opportunity to join our growing resilience practice, providing cutting edge strategic advisory services to private and public sector clients
You will play an important role in developing specialist climate resilience strategic advisory services nationally. Applying your understanding of financial services, economic analysis, sustainable finance, or ESG investing, you will support WSP to grow both the climate resilience services we offer to clients, and to support other business lines to better mainstream climate resilience.
This position could be based in any major market in Canada. You will work nationally with experts in climate resilience and other disciplines. We have a clear mission, guiding principles and a future-focused mindset. Come join us.
A day in the life:
- You'll play a leading or supporting role in the delivery of strategic advisory services to clients, such as:
- Climate resilience roadmaps, action plans, or strategies;
- Economic analysis of the impacts of climate change
- Climate risk and impact assessments;
- Climate financial risk disclosures (such as through the Task Force on Climate Financial Disclosures)
- Investment strategies, such as investing in climate resilient infrastructure
- Building and infrastructure climate risk assessments and action plans
- You'll lead business development with private sector clients, with a focus in the areas listed above and s upport business development for public sector clients, such as responding to tenders, related to the areas listed above;
- Acting as a thought leader in the market, you'll be active in the development of presentations, written briefs, or other media on climate resilience;
- You'll collaborate with all national business lines within WSP providing climate resilience services;
- You will act as an advisor in the climate resilience arena, remain active in the relevant academic, scientific, and professional community through presentations and participation in relevant seminars, conferences and symposiums and other activities.
- Contribute to WSP's Future Ready global innovation program and support global initiatives through your day to day work as a key member of the WSP Environment business line;
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- A degree in a relevant field with equivalent industry experience (minimum few years) with a technical focus on climate change initiatives, sustainability or similar;
- An understanding of or experience in ESG investing, or financial or economic analysis of the impacts of climate change;
- Experience leading business development and delivering projects for public sector clients in climate resilience;
- A passion for resilience, you're self-motivated and self-directed, collaborative, and able to produce high-quality work product;
- An understanding of established climate change vulnerability and risk assessment methodologies;
- Ability to collaborate remotely across geographies and sectors.