Advisor (Climate Change & Resilience)
At WSP Canada, our Climate Change and Resilience team is growing with the ambition to help shape Canada’s response to climate change. We support Canadian governments, businesses, investors, and communities to better understand and manage their climate risks, and capture opportunities. There is an exciting opportunity to join our growing resilience practice, providing cutting edge strategic advisory services to private and public sector clients.
Reporting to the Canadian Director for Climate Change, you will play a leading client-facing role in delivering climate resilience strategic advisory services in Toronto and the region. You will be responsible for building relationship with clients, and drawing on the breadth of WSP’s expertise to design and deliver resilience solutions for those clients. You will also contribute to the growth of the practice, including thought leadership, attendance/speaking at events, and supporting the strategic direction of the team.
Based in WSP’s downtown Toronto office, you will also have the opportunity to travel nationally and to work with colleagues from our international offices. We have a clear mission, guiding principles and a future-focused mindset. Come join us.
A day in the life:
- You'll play a leading or supporting role in the delivery of strategic advisory services to clients, such as:
- Climate resilience roadmaps, action plans, or strategies;
- Economic analysis of the impacts of climate change
- Climate risk and impact assessments;
- Climate financial risk disclosures (such as through the Task Force on Climate Financial Disclosures)
- Investment strategies, such as investing in climate resilient infrastructure
- Building and infrastructure climate risk assessments and action plans
- You'll lead business development with private sector clients, with a focus in the areas listed above and support business development for public sector clients, such as responding to tenders, related to the areas listed above;
- Acting as a thought leader in the market, you'll be active in the development of presentations, written briefs, or other media on climate resilience;
- You'll collaborate with all national business lines within WSP providing climate resilience services;
- You will act as an advisor in the climate resilience arena, remain active in the relevant academic, scientific, and professional community through presentations and participation in relevant seminars, conferences and symposiums and other activities.
- Contribute to WSP's Future Ready global innovation program and support global initiatives through your day to day work as a key member of the WSP Environment business line;
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- A degree in a relevant field with equivalent industry experience (about five years) with a technical focus on climate change initiatives, sustainability, economic, finance or similar;
- Experience with finance or economics related to sustainability, resilience, ESG, or corporate sustainability as well as experience leading business development and delivering projects related to climate resilience;
- You'll be passionate about resilience, self-motivated and self-directed, collaborative, and able to produce high-quality work product;
- Understanding of established climate change vulnerability and risk assessment methodologies, such as TCFD;
- The ability to collaborate remotely across geographies and sectors with colleagues across Canada and beyond