At Aqua, we know that water is a precious resource – one that plays a critical role in sustaining life. That’s why we take seriously our mission: protecting and providing Earth’s most essential resource. At Aqua, we are guided by a set of principles that embody the character of our company and inspire our work together. They are embedded within our business practices and our behavior. We are proud to be united by integrity, respect and the pursuit of excellence to be the best we can be for the customers and communities we serve.
Together, the women and men of Aqua America serve 1 million customers across eight states. Aqua uses science, technology, capital investments, and amazing talent to provide communities with clean, safe drinking water and responsibly return wastewater to our rivers and streams. Join our team and make a difference!
Are you looking for a fantastic career at Aqua America? We have a great opportunity for a Manager, ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance). The Manager, ESG develops, executes and project manages the external and internal communication efforts supporting the company’s ESG program, including the main biennial ESG report. Works closely with senior leaders and other business partners to advance corporate sustainability practices and employee engagement on sustainability.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Leads day-to-day projects and activities supporting sustainability reporting and investor outreach programs. Manages, influences and builds support for cross-divisional ESG efforts.
- Plans, develops and manages the company’s ESG reports outlining ESG-related efforts and results in alignment with the broader public disclosure practices.
- Builds working relationships with key partners across the firm and businesses including the functional support areas such as operations and supply chain management, human resources, etc.
- Tracks metrics and progress to feed sustainability reporting and stakeholder engagement processes and activities.
- Tracks emerging and developing ESG practices at peer firms and in the marketplace ensuring company activities are relevant and aligned with trends in the external environment.
- Leverages and/or develops website and other digital platforms to capture and share ESG related results and updates throughout the organization.
- Understands, identifies and monitors ESG issues in the industry that could affect our business and keeps abreast of industry standards, best practices and regulatory trends.
- Gathers, analyzes and interprets ESG-related data and where possible benchmarks against peers.
- Supports the production of the CDP report and Proxy statement and helps develop additional or expanded reporting as appropriate.
- Understands and incorporates the ESG eco-system of reporting frameworks and communication tools into reports, operating procedures and communication standards.
- Reviews and verifies third-party ESG data provider reports.
- Prepares materials for Board and Committees meeting on ESG and general corporate governance matters.
- Performs other related activities and provides support as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Marketing or a related field is required.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in the Utilities industry, including finance and/or communications roles.
Additional knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent analytical and time management skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Deep understanding of company’s business operations and the regulated utilities environment in the United States
- Ability to persuade and influence senior leaders across the company
- Advanced ability to use Microsoft Office suite: PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment