Australia nationals: Principal Policy Officer (Water Policy Division)
Natural Resources, Mines and Energy (Organisation site)
Water Policy Planning Team 2;Water Policy;Policy; Brisbane City
This role operates from within the Water Policy Division. You will be involved in the development of innovative management solutions and policy for the development of water planning instruments under the Water Act 2000. You will also be involved in the development of other policy relating to the efficient and sustainable management of Queensland’s water resources.
• Identify emerging issues, policy and planning needs in water resource management and provide expert strategic advice to senior management relevant to the delivery of outcomes for the sustainable management and use of Queensland's natural resources.
• Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of complex reports, policy submissions, briefing notes, presentations, speeches, publications and correspondence for Cabinet, State Committees, Industry/Stakeholder Groups, the Minister and senior departmental management.
• Plan, coordinate and supervise the development and implementation of water plans and other planning instruments relating to sustainable resource management.
• Develop, manage and/or oversee multi-disciplinary projects, including consultation with stakeholders, to deliver policy outcomes that are consistent with the overall policy direction of the Queensland Government.
• Develop and maintain constructive working relationships and networks with clients and stakeholders. Work collaboratively and negotiate with colleagues and with other levels of government, industry and non-government organisations to achieve policy outcomes and deliver on Government commitments.
• Represent the Department and the Queensland Government at external forums and on inter-agency and inter-jurisdictional working parties.
• Other duties as directed and required.
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.