Myanmar nationals: Country Technical Coordinator WASH
Malteser International, the worldwide relief agency of the Order of Malta for humanitarian aid, works in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas for people in need, regardless of their religion, origin or political affiliation. Its mission is to provide emergency relief as well as to implement rehabilitation measures and to facilitate the link between emergency relief and sustainable development. Christian values and the humanitarian principles of impartiality and independence form the basis of its work in the following areas: Relief, Reconstruction & Rehabilitation; Health & Nutrition; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH); Livelihood & Social Programs and Disaster Risk Reduction.
Malteser International (MI) is working in Myanmar since 2001, Malteser International currently employs more than 350 national staff in Rakhine, Shan and Kayin states, where our work aims at ensuring communities have access to primary health care services. We also offer comprehensive WASH and disaster risk reduction/climate change adaptation solutions, and provide relief after disasters. MI strives to enable and empower the most vulnerable communities in marginalized areas through a participatory and sustainable approach.
In support of our work in Yangon, Myanmar, Malteser International is looking for a motivated Country Technical Coordinator WASH (m/f/d) - National position.
As a Country Technical Coordinator WASH (m/f/d), you will be responsible to manage the Construction and WASH components of the Programs/projects to ensure effective program implementation within MI Construction and WASH policies and procedures and donor requirements. You will assist the Country Coordinator in providing efficient Construction and WASH management for improved quality and achievement of overall organizational objective.
- To conceptualize, develop, standardize and oversee all technical documentation related to Malteser International Water and Sanitation projects in Myanmar (incl. wells, gravity water supply system, rainwater harvesting, latrines and construction of schools and health centres and any other social infrastructures)
- To support location WASH managers in the proper implementation of all existing Water, Sanitation activities in Myanmar in close coordination with the respective Project Manager / Programme Coordinators and make pertinent recommendations to ensure the timely/ quality implementation of WASH projects and/or components
- Regularly travel to project locations (Rakhine, Shan and Kayin States) and conduct on-the-job coaching, mentoring and training to the location WASH teams
- Conduct assessments and evaluations in the field of WASH and, if required, to contribute to write project proposals and related log frames, budgets and any other project technical documentation
- Implement, supervise, monitor and evaluate new WASH projects and/or components in Myanmar
- Active participation in WASH related coordination meetings with government and non-government agencies
- Civil Engineer degree
- At least 10 years of experience in construction work (wells, gravity water supply system, rainwater harvesting, latrines, bridges, construction of schools and health centers and any other social infrastructures)
- Experienced in providing training on relevant WASH topics
- Proven skills with AutoCAD
- Previous experience and familiarity with hygiene/sanitation approaches like PHAST or CLTS or other tools focusing on behavior change
- Previous working experience with IOs or INGOs
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- Proven skills in MS-Word, Excel
- Start Date: February
- Duty Station: Yangon, Myanmar
- Duration of contract: 12 months (extendable) due to donor approval
- Salary according to qualification and experience: 14th Month Salary & Health Insurance
- Kindly note that this is a national position
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at our job portal.
Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas, three professional references and your salary expectation) online until January 20th, 2020.