R.J. Burnside International Limited is submitting a proposal for a World Bank funded assignment in Ethiopia entitled “Consulting Services for Review and update the Urban Water Supply Study and Design Criteria, including Water Supply Study and Design Manual development” in association with MS Consultancy of Ethiopia.
The general objective of this consultancy service is to enhance the quality of feasibility study and infrastructure design of urban water supply projects in Ethiopia through a provision of updated Urban Water Supply Study and design criteria , including comprehensive Water Supply Study and Engineering Design Manual provision that adequately orient the development and management of water supply service delivery. The Terms of Reference for the assignment as a whole are attached.
We are looking for a person to be full time, preferably stationed in Addis Ababa, as the Team Leader for the assignment to oversee the work of the project team and have primary responsibility for all deliverables. He/she will also have a key role in engaging with the Client and other stakeholders. He/she will also be involved in in capacity building and training. The assignment will be 12 months in duration.
The experience required is as follows:
- Minimum of MSc degree in Water Supply Engineering or related field of studies
- Fifteen (15) Years of professional experience; at least 10 years experience as a project manager of water supply study, engineering design and construction supervision consultancy activities; relevant experience in the water supply system engineering design assignments for 10 years; managed and/ or supervised the design and construction of five water supply projects with a treatment
- Proven project management experience directly related to water supply and sewerage design, supervision and/or construction.
- Strong preference for individuals with experience developing design manuals for water supply or other disciplines
- Strong preference for those with experience in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Preference for those with experience working in Ethiopia
- Preference for those with capacity building and training experience
- Being an Ethiopian national would be an asset
- Strong English writing skills
The anticipated start date is May 2020.
Only those applicants shortlisted for consideration will be contacted. Please provide your email address and phone number in your correspondence with us. Applications are to be sent to Norman Looker, Vice President. Please apply sooner than the deadline specified if possible as time is of the essence.