Praktikant (m/w/d) im Bereich/Projekt: Sector Program Sustainable Sanitation (WASH in Schools/Fit for School)
More than a third of the global population is still living with extremely poor or without basic sanitation. The GIZ program sustainable sanitation aims to promote sustainable sanitation in our partner countries through partnerships, consulting and networking.
The team of the sustainable sanitation program is dedicated to scale-up existing sanitation approaches to improve sanitation for as many people as possible. GIZ is a partner of the international “Sustainable Sanitation Alliance” (SuSanA) and the GIZ program sustainable sanitation holds the SuSanA secretariat, which hosts the website and discussion forum where 10.000 international members (SuSanA, www.susana.org) interact.
A worldwide initiative in schools, the so called “Fit for School” program (www.fitforschool.international), which engages children and local communities as change agents for sustainable sanitation, and the innovative SFD (often called Shit Flow Diagram) initiative, which visualizes deficits in urban sanitation to decision makers, are two additional core areas of the team’s work.
- The tasks you will carry out for the GIZ sustainable sanitation program will be diverse and relate to a wide spectrum of topics from technical aspects of sanitation and hygiene to Human Capacity Development
- As an intern, you will be responsible for providing support to the various activities in the field of WASH in Schools/Fit for School
- You will support the close exchange between the sector and regional program by facilitating meetings and contributing to presentations etc.
- Further, your team will ask you for research and conceptual development of sector relevant themes e.g. education and health.
- Applicants should study for a Bachelor or Master degree in public health, political science, media studies, geography, environmental management or similar fields
- Knowledge of sustainable sanitation and/or WASH in Schools, an interest to work in the sanitation sector and an understanding of the global regulatory framework (e.g. SDGs) are expected.
- Understanding of how to present contents convincingly and of how to use social media efficiently for professional networking purposes are important requirements
- Further, fluency in German and English language is expected and proficiency in MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago from the start of your internship.
We pay a monthly stipend of €1.608,- (gross).
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Non German applicants should be residing in Germany with a valid resident permit that allows them to pursue an internship in Germany.
For additional information or questions, please contact Mr. Jan Schlenk ( ).