AON| Impact Forecasting (IF), is looking for a vulnerability modeler for US flood - senior scientist. This is a full-time position located in Bangalore (India), to build stochastic and scenario models for the US and its territories, and to quantify and manage catastrophe risk in insurance and reinsurance industry.
- The individual develops and utilizes probabilistic models to estimate probabilistic and scenario hazard for flow, depth and velocity. Location and portfolio level loss distribution, average annual loss.
- Derive vulnerability functions for different regions based on building inventory data. Develop component-based vulnerability for fresh water flooding and storm surge (using computer simulation and/or claims).
- The Flood Engineer- senior scientist will actively collaborate with R&D team and software development teams in all aspects of the model development and implementing the methodologies developed by the R&D group at IF.
- Provide critical analysis of modeling results for internal validation of models and explaining results to clients when needed.
Role-specific Technical Skills and Knowledge (including any educational or degree requirements, years of prior work experience, etc.)
- This position requires an MSc or PhD degree in Civil/Mechanical, environmental science or physics.
- In-depth statistical knowledge, preferably in probabilistic, geospatial statistics and similar.
- some understanding of hydrologic models, flood routing models
- Some Knowledge of insurance/reinsurance concepts is a plus
- Excellent programming skills to develop and support model updates, e.g. MATLAB, Pyhton, R or FORTRAN.
- Excellent interactive mapping/geospatial skills (ArcGIS or QGIS)
- Technical support both internal and with clients will be required.
- Excellent skills in oral and written communication
- Capability to work in a team effectively and respect team work environment