Intern (Climate Resilience Practice)
What is WRI?
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Our work focuses on building sustainable and liveable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organisation with more than 1000 experts and other staff around the world. World Resources Institute began in Washington, DC, in 1982 to provide cutting edge analysis to address global environment and development challenges. WRI spans more than 50 countries, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, and the United States. In all of these locations, WRI works with government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action based on high-quality data and objective analysis.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
The Person We Are Looking For
WRI India’s Climate Resilience Practice (CRP) team is looking for a winter intern in Bangalore/Delhi office. Reporting to Manager, Climate Finance, the intern will work at the nexus of public finance and climate change on an interesting portfolio of activities including climate tagging of state budgets, resource mobilization strategy for State Action Plans for Climate Change (SAPCCs) and project proposal development for the Green Climate Fund.
Project Title: Transformational Project Pipelines for NDC Implementation
The job would include assisting the project team in
- Conducting deep dive into sources of climate finance at sub-national levels. This would include analysis of state government budget, SAPCC report and other programme documents to map climate co- benefits and entry points for mainstreaming climate actions
- Drafting reports/concept notes, collating and analyzing data points and qualitative information
- Any other relevant work that may be assigned such as design of questionnaire, field visits, drafting minutes of the meeting, presentations, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Education: Pursuing post graduate degree in public policy, climate change, economics, finance or related fields
- Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative data analysis is a requirement.
- Familiarity with public finance system in India and climate finance architecture at national and international levels (preferred)
- General awareness of environment and climate domain – key issues, events and updates
- Excellent/ Strong research, interpersonal/ written/ communication skills
- Comfort with quantitative data/analysis
- Proficiency in MS Office – Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work calmly and enthusiastically under high pressure
- Ability to think creatively.
Duration: 3 months
Location: Bangalore/ Delhi, India
Start date: 20th January 2020 or earlier.
Only Qualified applicants should apply online at https://jobs.jobvite.com/wri/jobs. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.