Consultancy services for Senior Environment Expert for Advisory Support to SIIDCUL at State (Uttarakhand) level to effectively combat industrial wastewater pollution
Under the Indo German Development Cooperation, a project on “Sustainable and Environment-friendly Industrial Production” (SEIP) was taken up during March 2015 to February 2019. SEIP project focused on finding solutions to industrial wastewater and water so as to reduce pollution, besides working on corresponding state-level action plans and national level policy instruments. Ref. www.seip.urban-industrial.in.
The second phase of the SEIP will be implemented from March 2019 to February 2022 and will be based on experiences from the preceding SEIP project. It will continue to have a focus on abatement of industrial wastewater pollution in the context of urban areas as well as the pollution of rivers and other water resources.
In this context, GIZ plans to engage consultancy services of a competent senior national environmental expert to provide to advise SIIDCUL on environmental issues and to support in setting up of an Environment Cell at SIIDCUL (Uttarakhand). The main objective of this task is to provide advisory support to SIIDCUL on environmental topics such as techno-legal aspects of environmental infrastructure in industrial areas (stormwater management, conveyance systems, common effluent treatment plants, solid waste management etc.), regulatory compliance issues, court matters, public complaints, coordination with state pollution control board etc., and to support in development of an Environment Cell at SIIDCUL.
The following tasks and sub tasks to be taken up by the consultant as in the table below.
1. Advisory Support to SIIDCUL
- Environmental infrastructure planning and management in industrial areas (stormwater management, conveyance systems, common effluent treatment plants, solid waste management etc.)
- Regulatory compliance issues, court matters, public complaints, coordination with state pollution control board etc.
- Develop technical database of national and international literature/reference books/design manuals/guidelines/ available for environment infrastructure development.
- Support in environmental clearances, directions issued by courts or UEPPCB (SPCB).
- Advisory support in strengthening operation and management of CETPs.
- Advisory support in solid waste management in industrial areas, including hazardous wastes.
- Participate/assist in meetings with regulatory agencies and NGT matters.
- Coordination with legal consultant of SIIDCUL for support on legal matter related to environment compliances.
- Support in coordination with various governmental agencies on tech-legal matters concerning environmental issues faced by SIIDCUL in their industrial zones.
- Develop a database of all environmental laws/directions/notifications applicable to SIIDCUL for their industrial zones.
- Make a compilation of court cases, public complaints, directions etc. received by SIIDCUL on environmental matters.
- Compile a database of industrial zones of SIIDCL and the status of environmental infrastructure (availability, adequacy, problems of concern etc.).
3. Support in capacity building of SIIDCUL on environmental matters
- Support in institutional tie ups for technical/research support to SIIDCUL on environment aspects.
- Support in setting up of an Environmental Cell at SIIDCUL.
- Support in establishing GIS based database at SIIDCUL for the environmental infrastructure in industrial zones.
- Support in developing mechanisms and coordination for undertaking plantation and environmental drives in industrial zones of SIIDCUL.
- Support in establishing Environmental Clinks in industrial zones of SIIDCUL, in cooperation with industrial associations,for advising industries on environmental matters.
Location and Duration
The period of this Agreement shall commence in January 2020 and end on 31st January 2021. The location of the consultancy services is SIIDCUL, Dehradun, however, based on the project requirements, the consultant may have to visit the other locations in Uttarakhand.
Qualifications and required experience:
- Post Graduate degree in engineering or equivalent.
- Excellent command of English (both spoken and written).
- Minimum 15 years of professional experience related to environment management in industries/industrial area.
- Experience of working with pollution control boards or government agencies on environment.
- Working experience and knowledge of state (Uttarakhand) is preferable.
Mandays required: upto 160 days (including travel days)
Work location: SIIDCUL, Dehradun
Deadline to receive queries: 6th January 2020
Clarifications to the queries: 10th January 2020
The deadline for submission of bids/proposals is by 21st January 2020 by 17:30hrs
For clarifications/queries, & submission of CV’s, Bidders are requested to write us at:
The Tender documents shall be available on the following link - https://www.tender247.com/giz
Please mention the subject line clearly while submitting the query or the CV’s. GIZ shall not be held responsible for any application getting missed due to absence of tender title in the subject line.
Note: The consultancy services are to be provided by an Individual consultant and not by a consultancy firm.
Only shortlisted Consultants shall be contacted to submit their financials. Kindly refrain from sending the financial proposal along with the CV’S.