Urban Water, Wastewater and Climate Resilience Senior Associate
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is accepting applications from qualified candidates for an Urban Water, Wastewater and Climate Resilience Senior Associate
The successful candidate will lead Tetra Tech efforts to grow our business opportunities with Multilateral Development Banks related to urban water, wastewater management and the associated issues of urban resilience to climate change and extreme weather events. This work will build on our active portfolio of water and sanitation projects in Kenya, Tanzania, Liberia, Uganda, Ethiopia, Senegal, Zambia, South Africa, Tunisia, Jordan, Mongolia, Philippines, Nepal, and Cambodia.
This position will be based in Arlington, Virginia.
* Develop and lead marketing and positioning strategy with multilateral development banks for urban water, wastewater and climate for the WRI sector;
* Identify, pursue, and lead the preparation of expressions of interest and proposals in response to solicitations from multilateral development banks, USAID and other clients;
* Provide contract technical and administrative oversight and management, including financial and personnel management, ensuring quality and timely implementation;
* Provide technical assistance to project staff and beneficiaries;
* Represent Tetra Tech to clients in the US and developing countries;
* Support technical thought leadership efforts related to urban water, wastewater and climate resilience.
* Collaborate with other Tetra Tech sector teams, as required;
* Supervise and mentor sector staff, as required.
* Graduate degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., civil engineering, water resources management, urban planning, resource economics) required;
* Minimum ten years of relevant professional experience, including at least five years in developing countries working on donor-funded projects in area(s) relevant to the WRI sector, notably in urban and peri-urban water, wastewater, sewer systems, and fecal sludge management;
* Demonstrated understanding and experience addressing climate change risks and resilience for urban/municipal water and wastewater services and infrastructure;
* Sector-specific experience working with or for multilateral development banks serving Africa, Asia and the Middle East;
* Experience in leading preparation of technical and cost proposals for multilateral development banks in the water and sanitation sectors;
* Experience supervising delivery of architectural and engineering services for urban water, wastewater and flood control systems is highly desired;
* Professional proficiency in French, Spanish and/or Arabic is strongly preferred;
* Highly proficient in MS Office applications;
* Outstanding presentation and writing skills are required;
* Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure on multiple concurrent projects;
* Demonstrated detail orientation and exceptionally high levels of organization;
* Position requires frequent international travel (roughly 25%-35% time depending on need and opportunity)
* Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with poise and professionalism; and
* U.S. citizenship or a current, valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
In order to be considered, please submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference
* A writing sample of a technical nature no more than 10 pages in length in which the applicant is the sole author