Chief of Party (Lebanon Water, Sanitation and Conservation (WSC) Project)
Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Chief of Party candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded Water, Sanitation and Conservation (WSC) Project in Lebanon. The goal of this project is to enhance conservation and protection of Lebanon’s water resources through improvements to public water and wastewater infrastructure, improved efficiency of water and wastewater management, and conservation of water resources.
Position Description: The COP will be the principal point of contact in Lebanon for procedural and substantive matters. The COP will coordinate and ultimately be responsible for all contract management and implementation. S/he will be the primary liaison with USAID on technical matters and must adjust programs and operations in response to USAID’s technical direction. The COP will also be responsible for ensuring quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the award.
The COP’s primary responsibilities are aimed at providing leadership, management and general technical direction of the entire project, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the award. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and to suggest appropriate adjustments. This is anticipated to be a full-time position based in Beirut, Lebanon.
* Advanced degree in water resources management, hydrology, business, civil engineering, and environmental and resource management, or related field.
* At least fifteen (15) years of demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of development activities.
* At least five (5) years of demonstrated experience in senior program management, including direct supervision of professional and support staff;
* Experience working in the water and wastewater infrastructure, economic growth, and conservation of water resources in Lebanon, or significant experience in the Middle East region with demonstrated knowledge of Lebanon.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to think strategically and communicate his/her vision to partners and colleagues;
* Proven experience navigating complex and high-pressure operating environments;
* Experience in developing and managing multi-sectoral, multi-donor-funded programs preferred;
* Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with donors, civil society organizations, private sector players, and host country government counterparts;
* Professional fluency in English is required. Proficiency in Arabic or French is preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.