Graduate Engineer - Civil (UK Water)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Production of engineering designs, BIM models and drawings for selected projects (or components of projects) for Water Civils team in the following fields,
a. Water and wastewater conveyance systems,
b. Pumping stations and other related structures,
c. Intakes and outfalls,
d. Treatment plants,
e. Drainage systems,
f. Flood protection facilities
• Liaising with and assisting Senior Engineers and BIM team.
• Reviewing work deliverables, including interdisciplinary checks
• Adhere to the schedule and quality requirements.
• Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design.
• Collaborate and Coordinate with other disciplines to mitigate design challenges.
• Design Health & Safety management for the project works.
• Follow design standards and development procedures.
• Follow BIM content standards and development procedures.
• Prepare own discipline design .
• Prepare own discipline BIM model and/or content.
• High level of communication and good writing skills.
• Leveraging BIM software and tools as a methodology to coordinate design documentation.
• Knowledge of BIM tools such as Autodesk Civil 3D, Navisworks Manage, BIM 360, Revit etc. will be preferable.
• Proficiency in Microsoft office.
• General understanding of interoperability between software used to accomplish own discipline tasks.
• Sound technical knowledge, academically good.
• Familiarity with British codes, design/drawing standards and practices related to Civil/ water utility modelling and drawing production would be an added advantage.
• Awareness of software used for BIM modelling.
• A strong, self-motivated and assertive person capable of working under pressure and learn new skills quickly.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Flexible to adopt new work /challenge work as per business requirement.
• Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time.
• This role provides Design or redesign complex project components, models and drawings from general written or verbal specifications from Group Leader.
• Produce BIM models and drawings for new or improved products using industry, departmental and discipline standards.
• Keeping up-to-date with innovations and developments.
• Liaison with other team members to produce good design solution as per best design practice.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s/ Bachelor’s in Civil/ Environmental/ Water Resources from a recognized University.
• Upto 3 years of experience.