Science and Watershed Manager
Danone WATERS, a subsidiary of Danone, is looking for a Science and Watershed Manager in France (FR).
Danone is a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical Nutrition. Its mission, bringing health through food to as many people as possible, embodies commitment to human progress and business success. It gives meaning to the work of our 100,000 Danoners worldwide on an everyday basis.
For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Danone truly has something special inside.
This position is based in Evian (France, 74) and requires approximately 20 weeks of traveling worldwide by year.
- Maintain and improve a worldwide network of scientists, principally in Water Resources Science, and contribute to Danone Waters (DW) credibility by the publication of scientific papers (papers, participation to conferences, etc.)
- Involve scientists from France and Europe, and countries where DW operates, and build “KNOW” projects with them and CBUs. Involve also other partners, such as NGOs, where appropriate
- Support CBUs and their scientific partners in the building-up and follow-up of “KNOW” projects to guarantee the relevance and the quality of their outputs
- Ensure that KNOW projects are scientifically valorized (publications), and contribute to this valorization
- Contribute to the building-up and the follow-up of “ACT” WS projects to ensure their relevance and high benefits on the watersheds
- Manage Waters Worlwide Business Unit’s “KNOW” (WWBU) funds allocation to CBUs
- Contribute to the evolution of the DW and Danone “Water Resources (WR) Science and Water Stewardship” strategy
- Contribute to the communication about the WWBU “KNOW” WS actions, and scientifically and technically validate the claims
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join a team with high energy and strong convictions to achieve our environmental objectives
- A role that allows you to lead the Research in a new environment with many key stakeholders
- An international approach of Water issues.
Your assets for this role:
- Scientific/technical background in water resources, particularly groundwater. Ability and experience of writing scientific papers
- Background in the field of project management
- Competencies and experience in project management (2 years at least)
- Capacity to convince, communicate, animate and embark internally and externally
- Transversal leadership and Cross-functional management skills, Ability to Developing Others/Coaching
- Fluent in English, skills in Spanish would be a “plus”
- Experience in actors’ mobilization, project animation on the field, fund raising, etc.
- A “plus” would be:
- a technical background in the field of Water Stewardship and/or
- a technical background in the field of sustainability, particularly environmental reporting and/or
- a scientific/technical background in agriculture