Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values.
Who we are
The Bush School of Government and Public Service, https://bush.tamu.edu, was founded in 1997, under President George H.W. Bush's philosophy that public service is a noble calling. Since then, the Bush School has continued to reflect that notion in curriculum, research, and student experience as the Bush School prepares students to become principled leaders in their fields and to reflect the value of public service throughout their careers.
What we want
This is a Research Associate position in the areas of Policy Analysis, Public Policy, and Public Administration, that will focus on generating academic publications related to a $1.5 million TAMU Presidential Excellence Fund (“X-Grant”) project titled “Pathways to Sustainable Urban Water Security: Desalination and Water Reuse in the 21st Century.” This position will directly support ongoing research projects as assigned. The Research Associate will focus on issues of governance, management, budget and finance, and operations related to water desalination and water reuse in the United States, Israel, and Australia.
The selected candidate will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) as stated above. If the description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
What you need to know
This is a 12 month term position for a year with a possibility of reappointment for a second year.
We strongly encourage you to upload a Cover Letter of Application (Please include information about research and career interests in the letter), Curriculum Vitae, Statement of Research and Career Interests, Writing Samples, and Contact Information for Three (3) Professional References.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 2 years' relevant professional experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task and work in a collaborative, team-based, multidisciplinary environment
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree or progress towards A Ph.D. in a social science discipline
- 4 years' relevant professional experience
- Research experience in water policy, water finance, governance, public management, regional planning, and public budgeting
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with statistical software such as Stata, R, or SAS
- Participate in preparation of scholarly publications, presentations, and research reports based on appropriate application of theories and analysis of the research data
- Maintain research records and databases
- In addition to pursuing his or her own data collection, the researcher will collaborate with PIs and other research team members in various ways, such as compiling literature reviews, analyzing data, and co-authoring publications
- Contribute to the design of the research including stakeholder identification and survey implementation
- As needed, assist in data collection and maintain research records
- Performs other duties as assigned
Special Instructions: A cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references (to include at least one previous supervisor) are strongly recommended. You may upload all three on the application under CV/Resume or upon answering the questionnaire you may attach the documents.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University and TAMHSC, must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.