Senior Hydrogeology Specialist
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what’s most important. Because look beyond our projects and programmes and you’ll see it’s about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we’re focused on making an impact where it matters most – and improving quality of life.
It’s a big challenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world – and the world around them.
It’s a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It’s how we’ll find solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges. And how we’ll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
The Senior hydrogeology specialist is a member of the Ground Engineering Workstream whose role objective is to undertake hydrogeological assessment and modelling activities as required by the Ground Engineering Hydrogeology Lead.
- undertake hydrogeological assessment and modelling activities;
- check and review hydrogeological assessment and modelling activities as appropriate;
- undertake a review of the present version of the hydrogeological conceptual site models for the scheme;
- contribute to the updating of the hydrogeological conceptual site models and integrating these with the geotechnical and scheme risk register;
- contribute to the identification and acquisition of outstanding data and other available sources of information;
- complete, with the support of members of the team, the hydrogeology inputs to the various ground engineering workstream deliverables;
- check and oversee the input of more junior hydrogeological members of staff;
- attend meetings with the internal and external stakeholders, landowners, statutory and non-statutory bodies as needed;
- promote innovation, best practice and lessons learned from other major UK/international projects.
- comply with internal standards, QA processes, policies and all regulatory requirements.
What You have to Offer :
- hydrogeological specialist currently operating at Senior level;
- good appreciation of issues associated with hydrogeology and hydrology;
- experience of hydrogeological support on major linear multidisciplinary infrastructure projects, particularly highways and tunnelling;
- good appreciation of issues associated with geo-environmental, ground contamination and sustainability aspects would be beneficial;
- a good understanding of geology, applied geology, geotechnics, civil engineering for transport infrastructures (including tunnelling) is desirable;
- experience of assessing, analysing, interpreting and reporting ground investigation information, including AGS data is essential.
- some experience of inputting to HE HD22/08 reports, in particular PSSRs and GIRs would be beneficial;
- experience in managing other hydrogeological specialists.
- Ground Engineering Workstream Hydrogeology Lead
- Ground Engineering Workstream Leads
- Ground Engineering Workstream team leads
- Other LTC workstreams team members
At Arcadis, you’ll have the opportunity to build the career that’s right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a ‘people ﬁrst’ business, it’s why we’ll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community.
We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other beneﬁts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ﬂexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Join Us. Transform Your World.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and reporting skills;
- ability to develop good relationships within a multidisciplinary environment and able to communicate effectively;
- experienced GIS user.