Climate Resilience Associate
Local governments, regions, and states are exploring pathways to adapt to climate change and rapidly reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The Cadmus Sustainability and Energy team directly supports public, private, philanthropic, and non-profit organizations seeking to achieve ambitious climate goals.
Cadmus seeks a Climate Resilience Associate to provide management and technical leadership for our climate preparedness and resilience portfolio. Our team works directly with local governments, non-profits, federal agencies and international clients to assess climate risks and develop and implement resilience strategies. Through detailed analysis, careful planning, engineering, and robust stakeholder engagement, we equip our clients to implement leading-edge climate adaptation and resilience strategies.
Associates manage teams across multiple projects to perform qualitative and quantitative climate risk assessments; conduct policy evaluation and research; write and edit public reports and presentations; develop and implement climate resilience strategies; and perform other technical and policy assistance related to climate resilience activities and policies. The ideal candidate will combine climate resilience-related technical knowledge with exceptionally strong writing, project management skills and experience with successful proposal writing and business development. The candidate should have knowledge across topics such as local, state, national, and international climate resilience strategies as well as climate risk/vulnerability/resilience assessments, tools, and frameworks (particularly in the water, energy, and transportation sectors).
As an Associate on the Climate Resilience team, you will:
- Provide project management and oversight to ensure timely delivery of client deliverables.
- Conduct, and/or manage staff that deliver, work (e.g., research, analysis and policy support, report writing and presentation development) across a range of climate risk and resilience projects.
- Lead, independently or managing a team, development of climate risk or resilience assessments, frameworks, tools, resources, and/or strategies.
- Lead development and implementation of trainings, workshops, webinars, reports, and other activities to train others on climate risk and resilience resources and strategies.
- Manage technical assistance for local, state, federal and international government staff, policy-makers, international development agencies, corporate or non-profit clients.
- Work collaboratively with senior staff to enhance existing Climate Resilience service offerings and develop new offerings.
- Support development and execution of business development plans.
- Support expansion and maintenance of key client relationships.
- Help maintain and enhance Cadmus’ reputation through publication and conference presentations.
- A Masters degree in a relevant field or a commensurate level of work experience.
- Four (4)+ years’ of relevant work experience, which preferably includes:
o 3+ years in consulting or professional services.
o 3+ years’ experience in the following or similar areas: climate risk or vulnerability assessment; climate change adaptation; and climate resilience.Demonstrated project management and/or budget management experience, preferably in a consulting or professional services environment.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Passion for excellence and delivering client value.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Candidates should have the ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
- Experience with climate-related issues around drinking water / sea level rise/ wastewater / water supply / water resource management.
- Experience with climate-related issues around energy and transportation.
- Experience with or exposure to climate mitigation, renewable energy, GHG accounting or other energy and emissions-related topics.
- Experience in disaster risk reduction, disaster risk management, pre-disaster preparedness and similar topics.
- Understanding of climate risk assessments and/or resilience strategies at the municipal level (e.g., as part of local climate and sustainability planning).
- Understanding of climate risk assessments and/or resilience strategies in international contexts, particularly for developing countries. Exposure to USAID projects a plus.
- Record of publication, presentations, and/or thought leadership activities.
- Experience in building and leading high-performing teams.
To apply, we ask you submit a resume and cover letter, and 2-3 page writing sample
This is a full-time opportunity located in Boston or Waltham, MA, Arlington, VA or Bethesda, MD.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran’s status, or disability.
To learn more about Cadmus, visit us online at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com