Assistant Consultant / Consultant (Climate, Resilience and Sustainability)
Overview / Responsibilities
Do you have a keen interest in climate change and sustainability and an enthusiasm for developing solutions to complex and challenging problems? Are you looking for the ideal launch pad for a rewarding and fulfilling career in environmental consultancy? If so, we are recruiting for a high-calibre Assistant Consultant / Consultant, Climate and Sustainability to join our Climate, Resilience & Sustainability Team at Wood. We have opportunities available in our London, Reading and Bristol office.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant contribution to the continued success and growth of a reputable and successful team and contribute to a wide range of high-profile projects. At Wood we help our clients to shape a more sustainable future and the projects we work on cross the multiple sectors and geographies our business works in. As such you will be exposed to a wide range of international projects with opportunities to travel.
You will join an enthusiastic and supportive team and will experience a challenging and fulfilling working environment. There are significant opportunities for ongoing and structured career development within the Climate, Resilience & Sustainability field and across Wood’s wider Environment & Infrastructure Solutions consultancy business.
Wood recognises that their people are central to its success as a business. As a consequence, we are committed to a providing a comprehensive framework for the professional development of its staff, including:
- Access to extensive internal and external training opportunities;
- An Early Careers Network;
- A mentoring programme; and
- Support for gaining chartership through professional institutions.
Fairness, support in development and a safe work environment – these are all of great importance to us. Where people look out for each other, are respected and are recognised. Where people work ethically and safely. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. We truly believe that diversity within our workplace promotes an incredible diversity of ideas. We are happy to consider applicants who are interested in the role on a part-time basis and support flexible working arrangements.
Skills / Qualifications
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a strong interest in climate and sustainability. Specifically, we are looking for the following qualifications and experience:
- You will have a good degree-level qualification in a relevant environmental discipline, with a strong emphasis on climate resilience, adaption, sustainability, carbon mitigation, climate finance and / or EIA.
- Post graduate experience is not essential, although a Masters degree in a related discipline would be advantageous;
- You should have strong numerate and analytical skills, and be able to apply them to analysing problems and finding solutions to novel challenges;
- You are well organised, passionate about the environment and an understanding of local and international policy;
- You will collaborate effectively as part of a team, but also exhibit initiative in working individually on discrete tasks;
- You will demonstrate excellent communication skills, including being able to write high quality, concise reports; and
- You should have practical experience in at least some of the following: environmental impact assessment (EIA), carbon mitigation, sustainability reporting, circular economy and resource efficiency, sustainability strategy and green finance. You will join a team of industry leading professionals working on an exciting variety of projects who will engage you in a wide variety of exciting projects
The successful applicant will demonstrate knowledge of domestic and international climate change / sustainability policy and programme development and experience conducting research and analysis, writing case studies and reports, supporting proposal writing, and working as part of a team.
In addition experience in a number of the following would be advantageous:
- Experience analysing quantitative and qualitative data and carrying out desk-based and site-based research, including adaptation planning and climate risk assessments;
- Understanding greenhouse gas inventories and forecast methodologies and mitigation strategies;
- Have an interest in developing technical skills as part of ongoing career development;
- Have proven client facing experience and managing client and / or other partner relationships; and
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Climate change risk assessment and adaptation planning;
- Environment modelling
- Disaster risk management and/or infrastructure resilience
- Energy and Carbon Management (ESOS experience would be a benefit);
- Corporate Sustainability;
- Sustainability Reporting (such as CRC, CDP, GRI etc.);
- Environmental Training;
- Environmental Auditing; and
- Resource Efficiency.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!