The IPC WASH Delegate will work as part of a team of International Red Cross and Red Crescent IPC team and support staff. S/he will ensure adherence to infection prevention and control protocols, contributes to a high level of biosecurity within the EVD operation aiming at limiting the risks of transmission of EVD, and ensure WASH access within the operation. The IPC WASH Delegate will coach, mentor and supervise both international and national staff in IPC and WASH.
Job Duties & Responsibilities 1
- Works in the EVD operation and contributes to high quality of care to patients.
- Plans, organises, documents and evaluates the IPC measures.
- Participates in internal or external meetings to ensure continuity and quality of the IPC work.
- Support the coordination structure in the IPC commission to avoid duplication and gaps in the response.
- Ensures consistent infection prevention and control procedures are in place, updated and followed at all times.
- Evaluates and re-evaluates the IPC measures in the intervention site.
- Support the construction of the SDB operational bases and ensure there is proper training and maintenance of the different sites.
- Works with the disinfection teams maintaining a clean hygienic environment.
- Support to the safe and dignified burial of the deceased.
- Responsible for preparation & quality monitoring of chlorine solutions and chlorine control and storage
- Water supply establishment, repairing and maintenance in clinical setting where the IFRC Team decides to interviene
- Strengthen the capacity of the National Society in IPC and SDB.
Carries out other task within his/her area of responsibility as requested.
Job Duties and Responsibilities 3
Relevant training as a WASH specialist, nurse, paramedic, hospital technician or other applicable area.
Documented education in infection prevention and control is meriting.
Significant health care experience.
Previous work with infection prevention and control.
Practical work in epidemic response.
Experience in resource-poor hospital settings.
Previous humanitarian aid missions.
Works well in a multi-disciplinary team.
Works well under pressure.
Can live in basic conditions.
Flexible to changing needs and fluctuating workload.
Ability and willingness to follow strict infection prevention and control protocols.
Good knowledge of barrier nursing.
Knowledge and Skills
Judgement and Decision Making
National Society and Customer Relations
Creativity and Innovation