Manager (Government Affairs)
Provide leadership and strategic vision to achieve legislative objectives that advance EDF’s advocacy goals across program areas. Specific legislative objectives include: preserve clean air rules; advance clean energy policies; lay the groundwork for bipartisan climate legislation; and block congressional efforts to weaken core environmental protections.
- Serve as an EDF lobbyist and build a strong network of relationships directly with members of Congress, as well as high-level personal office staff and key committee and leadership staff, with an emphasis on members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus.
- Develop and implement strategies and plans tailored for member offices on climate related issues, such as infrastructure, public health and resilience, as well as comprehensive climate policy.
- Organize Hill briefings and events, including identifying and securing opportunities for EDF engagement.
- Coordinate across multiple environmental and energy programs to ensure Hill engagements are well coordinated and to build EDF’s brand and political influence with lawmakers.
- Collaborate effectively with EDF’s legal and regulatory team and external coalitions to advance a pro-environment agenda and block Congressional and executive branch attacks on our nation’s bedrock environmental laws.
- Work closely with strategic partners and communications to help shape our policy-related communications and messaging strategies.
- Collaborate with external organizations, including other NGOs at the federal and state level and third-party validators to advance EDF’s legislative goals. Collaborate with partner organizations and manage consultants.
- Assist with fundraising efforts, including writing high quality proposals and reports.
- 5+ years of Capitol Hill lobbying or related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly, both written and oral.
- Knowledge of climate policy a plus.
- Familiarity with the NGO community and experience working with coalitions.