WaterAid is an international charity established in 1981. Our vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Presently, WaterAid works in 27 countries worldwide, transforming millions of lives every year with safe water, sanitation and hygiene projects.
WaterAid began working in India in 1986. WaterAid India has its focus on the poorer states in the country to better target India's most vulnerable communities. The Country head office is in the nation’s capital, New Delhi, facilitating the organisation closer to policy makers. WaterAid India also has Regional Programme Offices in Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bangalore and Lucknow, spanning our work in more than 10 states and working with about 50 partner organisations – governmental and non-governmental.
WAI’s programme focus in the coming five years will be promoting and securing the rights and access to safe water, improved hygiene and sanitation for many poor people through direct services and millions more through our influencing work
To develop proposals for various projects and contribute in proposal writing. The position will be responsible for creating central repository of proposals, concept notes and organization capacity documents necessary for the different type of proposals for institutional and corporate grant makers. The job will require coordinating with various stakeholders in building an effective proposal for submission and working on strict timelines. Travel would be as per the demand and will involve visiting projects nationally.
- Develop and produce high quality proposals within agreed timelines working with all the relevant units within the organisation (Programme & Policy, Resource Mobilisation, Finance etc.)Ensuring continuous improvement in quality of proposals by constructively working upon the feedback from the stakeholders – Resource Mobilization. Programme, Line Manager and donors.
- As assigned research and write corporate and technical fact sheets for institutional funders, capability statements and provide writing expertise to other assignments as needed
- Develop and utilize tools, templates and work processes that result in streamlined and efficient proposal development and teamwork
- Help populate repository of all the past proposals and knowledge documents developed
5. Eligibilities and requirements
- High level proficiency and skills in written standard English and ability to develop proposals, documents and reports initiated by programme staff into high standard documents for external dissemination
- Mid-level proficiency with data and numeracy skills to integrate proposal budgets from multiple line items in complex proposals
- Mid-level proficiency in writing proposals with understanding of the attributes like log frame analysis, theory of change, budget framework, proposal templates for institutions like DFID/ EU/ WHO etc. and CSR formats for corporate proposals
- Understanding/ exposure to program management and Monitoring & Evaluation is desirable
- Ability to respond to challenging working hours and timelines for completion of assignments.
- Multi-tasking and ability to coordinate efficiently with different stakeholders to deliver multiple proposals simultaneously
- Mid to high level inter-personal skills, analytical skills and proficiency in MS Office
- Graduate/Post-graduate degree in social work, English Honors or related field from a reputed university/institute
- Overall 5 to 8 years of relevant work experience in development sector
- Minimum 2 to 3 years work experience in similar role or responsibility.
- To apply please download the attached application form. Kindly note that ONLY applications submitted on WaterAid's standard application form will be considered.
- Please mention in subject line “Programme Coordinator-Proposal and Content Development”.
- Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com. Closing date: 12 December 2019
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be intimated of the interview.
- WaterAid is an equal opportunity employer; women and the differently abled are particularly encouraged to apply.
Job Email id:
37364407_WAI Application Form.doc