SOCIAL ART FOR BEHAVIOR CHANGE PROJECT MANAGER
WORK LOCATION: Madhubani, Bihar
Under the supervision of Project Director (chairman) GPSVS, and in close collaboration with the Project Manger Water Aid India, Project Manager GPSVS will be part of team based in Madhubani and would be responsible for the implementation & ensuring delivery of outcome as agreed in the Project agreement of GPSVS & Water Aid India specially in context of Behavior Change intervention outcomes through different approaches used with Social Art under the Project title Ensuring Access to safe water, Sanitation and Hygiene to Most Marginalized communities of Madhubani.
The Project Manager is expected to undertake operational and thematic responsibilities which ultimately guides the suggested Project approach between the different project elements and variety of audiences.
1. Adaptation and execution of Access to safe water, Sanitation and Hygiene approach through Social Art for Behaviour change process, which mostly includes:
a. Plan activities & engagements with different stakeholders for both qualitative and quantitative output & data collection resulting in the validation of behavioural objectives.
b. Provide Input in SABC strategy and applying it for project’s different audiences.
2. Responsible for various project activity with timelines for monitoring and reviewing progress and milestones.
3. Support in scouting and identifying Social Art Partners (SAP) who are sensitive about using Social Art (SA) amongst the project most vulnerable audiences and local art performers who have the potential to become Agents of Change (AoC).
4. Support SAP to designed SABC activities which are based on the evidence collected during the diagnostic phase of the SABC process.
5. Be Responsible for comprehensive documentation, monitoring & evaluation, and learning purposes and ensure adherence to all agreed protocols in SABC implementation including the creation of evidence (through life histories and case studies) to illustrate the results of the SABC activities carried out (including taking photos and videos).
6. Advocate with different municipalities, educational institutions, cultural centers, health institution other organizations or partners in community for better integration of local Social Art approaches and methods.
7. Facilitate/Support in orientation of the artistic groups in understanding the SABC processes and relevant thematic areas such as water, sanitation, public health etc. to ensure the effectiveness of the project activities in the community.
8. Support in developing impact assessment tools of SABC activities in collaboration with SABC groups, the MEL/SABC officer on behalf of WaterAid.
1. Lead project at district level and Coordinate SABC activities so that there is coherence and complementarity between them to have a positive impact on the specific target groups and the community.
2. Facilitate and provide required support in planning of SABC activities linked to the interventions of the other components of the project (Access to water and sanitation; and Capital financing for WASH products and services).
3. Maintain a clear line of communication between the different SABC groups/artists of the project and water Aid
4. Manage the resources allocated to the SABC activities efficiently (in collaboration with the Water Aid India SABC officer).
5. Consolidate and compile the reports of SABC groups/artists and support the incorporation of information into the different reports (annual, biannual and final).
6. Ensure timely utilisation of project Budget and keep track of the variance and maintain and generate all budgetary reports as and when required.
• Based in Madhubani, strong local ties would be preferred.
• Fluent in Hindi and English.
• Post graduate Degree in one of the following social sciences: sociology/social work, community development, Development studies, Political science Mass communication, public health, cultural or artistic management or other related discipline;
• one years’ experience in a non-governmental, non-profit and/or other local organization is preferable and Fresher’s from reputed institution’s are also welcome to apply
• Experience in social art, public health or social marketing campaigns;
• Excellent organizational, logistical and communication skills;
• Good knowledge of the local cultural context and history
• Gender sensitive
• Interest in water, sanitation, and hygiene;
• Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Experience with non-governmental organizations.
• Experience with visual or performing arts, social art;
• Experience in the water, sanitation and hygiene sector would be preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
The interested candidate may apply at email address of within 7 days from the date of advertisement. Beside CV the application should also contain covering letter.
Salary :- 31,000 per month and travel and communication as per actual.