U.S. nationals: Environmental Engineer/Physical Scientist (Safe Drinking Water)
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Helena, MT, United States
Bachelor's (Or Equivalent)
Please note: this job post has expired! To the best of our knowledge, this job is no longer available and this page remains here for archival purposes only.
This position is in Region 8, Water Division, Safe Drinking Water Branch, Drinking Water Section B. If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement. About Region 8: Region 8 Website
Learn more about this agency
- Serve as the technical authority in providing expert advice and assistance to State, local and/or Tribal governments on matters relating to the development, execution and monitoring of the most complex and politically sensitive drinking water policies, plans and programs.
- Provide advice and assistance to state, local and/or tribal governments on matters relating to the development, execution, and monitoring of adequate drinking water policies, plans, and programs.
- Serve as a technical specialist involved in significantly complex drinking water programs that include a variety of controversial characteristics.
- Review, analyze, and recommend modifications of plans and/or programs developed by state, local and/or tribal government entities to implement various provisions of SDWA.
- Conduct and review sanitary surveys and follow up on unsafe samples at tribal water systems.
- Provide training to tribal operators on compliance with Safe Drinking Water regulations.
- Coordinate and train technical assistance providers on Drinking Water program materials and procedures.