Position Posting: Program Associate, Green Stormwater Infrastructure (GSI) Partners
Reports to: Manager, Green Stormwater Infrastructure (GSI) Partners
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Application Deadline: December 29, 2019
Start Date: February 17, 2020
About the Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia
The Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia (SBN) is building a just, green, and thriving economy in the region. We inspire, challenge, and support the local independent business community to be change agents in the movement towards social equity and climate resilience. SBN members are independent businesses based in Greater Philadelphia that practice - and measure success by - the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profit. Since our founding in 2001, SBN has remained the region’s leading membership and advocacy organization serving the local triple bottom line business community.
- We connect members with each other, as well as decision-makers, to exchange learnings and best practices, bond over commonalities, and share ideas for how policies and processes could better support local businesses to grow and thrive.
- We promote our members within and outside of our network, as well as the strengths of a local economy and triple bottom line practices.
- SBN advocates with and on behalf of our members throughout the year to ensure that socially and environmentally responsible businesses are fully supported to start, grow, and thrive.
SBN offers a variety of programming to our members and the broader local business community throughout the year that facilitates honest and supportive discussions among peers and provide important opportunities for civic dialogue.
About SBN’s Green Stormwater Infrastructure (GSI) Partners
SBN’s Green Stormwater Infrastructure (GSI) Partners is an example of our mission and theory of change in practice. Formed in 2012 in response to Philadelphia’s ambitious, innovative, nature-based stormwater management plan, Green City, Clean Waters, SBN’s GSI Partners are advancing the local GSI industry and innovation through meaningful network building, relevant content, and effective advocacy. Members are local engineering and landscape architecture firms, landscape contracting firms, material suppliers, and other businesses that provide GSI services and products.
As part of our GSI Partners initiative, SBN manages a component of the Philadelphia Water Department’s (PWD) Rain Check program in partnership with the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society. Rain Check provides free and cost-share residential stormwater management tools to Philadelphia homeowners. Local businesses are contracted to design and install the tools.
The Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia (SBN) is seeking a Program Associate to assist the GSI Partners Manager in the successful implementation of GSI Partners activities.
Our ideal candidate has strong organizational skills, has an aptitude for detail and processes, has polished communication and interpersonal skills, is team-oriented while having strong self-management abilities, takes initiative, is a problem solver, and is a life-long learner. Our ideal candidate also has a demonstrated working knowledge of green stormwater infrastructure and experience with Salesforce or similar CRM.
The Program Associate plays a critical role in supporting the successful implementation and growth of SBN’s GSI Partners initiative. Under the leadership of the GSI Partners Manager, and in collaboration and cooperation with other staff, the
Program Associate provides programmatic and administrative assistance in the following key areas:
- Assist with the planning and execution of all GSI Partners programs, events, and other activities, including the Quarterly Meetings, annual Excellence in GSI Awards Ceremony, annual GSI Operations and Maintenance Course, committees and focus groups.
- Assist with the implementation of PWD’s Rain Check program.
- Assist with member engagement to inform content and networking, gather feedback on member satisfaction.
- Assist in identifying prospective members and researching relevant industry and member news.
- Other programmatic support as needed
- Maintain Rain Check’s subcontractor and prospective subcontractor data, including but not limited to required insurances and licenses as well as service portfolios and other relevant credentials.
- Assist in the administration of Professional Development micro-grants, including but not limited to processing members’ applications and tracking grants budget.
- Track metrics related to various internal goals, as well as grant and contract deliverable.
- Other administrative support as needed.
- Demonstrated commitment to SBN’s mission and values.
- Ability to be flexible with occasional morning and evening hours and to attend off-site functions.
- Knowledge of the local independent business community and/or a triple bottom line economy preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience preferred.