MIDDLE SUSQUEHANNA RIVERKEEPER JOB DESCRIPTION
The Middle Susquehanna Riverkeeper Association, Inc. (MSRKA) is a leading advocate for the middle Susquehanna River and communities that depend on it: from clean waters flow thriving communities.
This position currently holds two titles: Executive Director (ED) of the MSRKA and the Middle Susquehanna Riverkeeper (R). Reporting to the Board of Directors, the ED/R holds overall strategic and operational responsibility for our personnel, programs, and mission to protect the Susquehanna River. She/he will have the knowledge and experience needed to continue our momentum in leveraging the law and clean water policy to achieve our goals.
The following are core responsibilities of the ED/R:
- Be the public spokesperson for the MSRKA and the voice of the River;
- Enlist and organize support for clean water;
- Be MSRKA’s policy director and legislative point person;
- Manage day-to-day operations, including staff and budget;
- Be responsible for the majority of fundraising, including delegating to staff, Board and volunteers as needed;
- Be MSRKA’s representative with organizational allies at the state, regional and national level;
- Hold polluters accountable;
- Be responsible for communications – to Board, public and press;
- Monitor investigations and enforcement actions, as well as water quality testing and fieldwork;
- Report to the Board of Directors; and
- Carry out other duties consistent with the ED/R’s role as public spokesperson for the river and staff leader within the organization.
We attempt to keep these responsibilities to a 40 hour per week commitment. Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to Kathy Snavely, MSRKA, 112 Market St., Sunbury, PA 17801 by December 15, 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity: MSRKA provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to everyone. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. MSRKA does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, size, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, familial status, veteran status, disability, AIDS/HIV status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture