Head of Environment
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme of up to 45% of base salary
- Car Allowance of £7,320 per annum
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- A retirement savings plan: 6%-10% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Health Screening every 2 years
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
About the role
In this role you will lead Tesco's work to ensure the environmental sustainability of its products and own operations, as part of delivering sustainable, healthy, affordable food for all and ensuring Tesco is the leading retailer for environmental sustainability.
You will be responsible for
- Developing policies and targets to deliver sustainable affordable products covering impacts on forests, marine, sustainable agriculture and climate change. This covers Tesco's impacts in its supply chain and its own operations (including energy, transport and refrigeration).
- Ensuring product and other teams are supported and monitored to deliver improvements in line with these targets.
- Leading and managing a team of environmental experts (covering forests, marine, sustainable agriculture, climate change and our World Wildlife Fund partnership) to deliver transformational change on key issues, from ground-breaking innovations (e.g. alternative feeds) to sector-wide agreements on key commodities.
- Working closely with World Wildlife Fund to ensure delivery of our partnership ambition to halve the environmental impact of the average UK basket of food.
- Representing Tesco to a wide variety of stakeholders, including suppliers, NGOs, retailers, government and investors, driving sector-wide progress in and reinforcing Tesco's credibility.
- Managing a dynamic, industry-leading team, supporting and enabling them to develop.
- Providing advice to the business on emerging environmental issues and Tesco's role in response.
You will need
- Broad expertise across major eco-systems
- Strong collaboration, communication & strategic skills
- Capacity to manage a variety of work under pressure
- Supply Chain
- Environmental Programmes
- Change management
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It is part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work and we are proud to have been accredited as one of Britain’s Top Employers again this year.
We are the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, we have a vast variety of roles and we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life and we would love to hear from you!
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.