AECOM is currently seeking an Environmental Specialist for the GSA Real Property Solutions Blanket Purchase Agreement. Candidates are required to have the skills to accomplish the following tasks:
- Performs research of environmental laws and regulations that impact Federal real property asset management, utilization and disposition; analyzes real property data and activities conducted on the property to determine environmental compliance, perform Environmental Assessments (EA), develop Environmental Impact Statements (EIS) under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), conduct or review environmental risk assessments and property condition surveys.
- Support activities that promote the utilization, repositioning or disposition of environmentally compromised or historically significant Federal real property assets.
- Perform required studies and assist in interpreting various types of environmental studies (e.g. – Environmental Site Assessments, Environmental Impact Statements, etc.); review results and recommendations from environmental characterizations and advise on whether selected methodologies and strategies are in compliance with environmental laws and regulations; consult on remediation strategies.
- Perform these services for multiple properties in multiple locations, nationwide and simultaneously.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizational skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
Safety - AECOM enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the AECOM Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable AECOM Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- Graduate or Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or related field (e.g. – geology, chemistry) plus 5 years of relevant experience
- Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
- Position may require travel.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Safety / Health
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 230077BR
Clearance Required Yes