Willistown Conservation Trust (WCT) seeks a Field Study Site Intern/Conservation Associate who will be tasked with assisting the Director of the Watershed Protection Program in implementing the WPF grant by participating in research and education in our Field Study Site and working to further WCT’s watershed protection initiatives. Pursuant to the terms of the WPF grant, at least 50% of the activities of the Intern/Conservation Associate will be focused on watershed-related research, education, and/or outreach projects, allowing for cross-disciplinary work in our other program areas should such opportunities arise in the course of the work.
- Intern/Conservation Associate will assist the Director of the Watershed Protection Program in specific watershed related monitoring projects. Using methodology developed in the Delaware River Watershed Initiative (DRWI), the Intern/Conservation Associate will assist in data collection, analysis, and field work related to watershed protection, as well as incorporating watershed protection work into WCT’s education and outreach programming.
- Intern/Conservation Associate will assist in monitoring and maintaining an ongoing riparian restoration effort taking place in Ashbridge Preserve. Maintenance will include invasive species removal, clearing tree cages, assisting in volunteer management and supporting the Stewardship team.
- Bachelor of Science in environmental sciences or related field, or demonstrated coursework in pursuit of an equivalent degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Excellent communication (oral & written) and interpersonal skills, as well as ability to collaborate effectively with project partners;
- Personal passion and commitment to protecting the environment and furthering our understanding of the natural world and watersheds;
- Facility in working in a varied environment, with some work in an office and some work in the field, and/or experience in water quality monitoring and data collection.
- Computer competency including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Salary: Salary will be in accordance with the terms of the two-year WPF grant and dependent on duration of internship.
Service Dates: Internship to commence in 2020.
Equal opportunity employer. Smoke-free and dog-friendly office.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Director of Watershed Protection Program
Willistown Conservation Trust
925 Providence Road
Newtown Square, PA 19073