World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. We are working to address critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean.
Internships at WRI are learning experiences designed for current students, who wish to gain knowledge about a specific area of our work. We strive to attract diverse, intellectually-driven candidates who has enthusiasm for sustainability and development. WRI provides many internship opportunities throughout the year in all our programs.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this
Provide outreach support (50%)
- Assist with speeches, PowerPoint presentations, and blog drafts
- Research on topics related to WRI’s programs (Food, Climate, Forests, Sustainable Cities, Energy, Water)
- Other assignments as needed in raising WRI's profile with European governments and agencies, including EU institutions, and other civil society organizations
Provide operational support (50%)
- Assist with meetings management and other external communication tasks
- Lead logistical preparations for conferences, workshops and visits of high level WRI staff to the WRI Europe office, including organizing meetings and travel
- Coordinate closely with international office staff to strengthen links between WRI Europe and other WRI international offices. These efforts also entail generating inputs for internal WRI communications
- Other administrative tasks as required
You are currently a student following a Degree or Master’s in an area related to environment and sustainable development and are looking to learn more about the work at WRI.
Students need to be registered at a college or university for the full duration of the internship.
This internship offers a reimbursement of 300 euros per month.
This internship is full time for six- months starting in March 2020.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter. Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.