German-based university students: Internship (Policy and Public Affairs)
CDP Europe, one of the world’s leading climate change charities, is seeking a highly motivated individual to support CDP’s policy, public affairs and communications work in Europe.
The role includes:
- Creating relevant policy material and newsletter content;
- Data analyses and tailored content for policy makers;
- Supporting the policy team with updating public affairs contacts and calendar;
- Researching the latest policy developments in the EU and its Member States and update the policy database accordingly;
- Identifying relevant events and speaking opportunities;
- Supporting project applications and grant reporting;
- Providing general research and administrative support as required;
- Assisting with ad-hoc tasks as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Enrolled student in a Bachelor or Master’s program at a German university;
- Passionate about Sustainable Development and connected topics, such as Climate Change, Water Management and Forest protection;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (esp. Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and understanding of database architecture;
- Confident and capable of engaging with stakeholders at all levels;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in teams;
- Ability to work independently and precisely under pressure, be proactive and set priorities;
- Demonstrates a high level of dedication, flexibility and resilience;
- Highly competent spoken and written English and any other major European language.
What we offer:
- Exciting and challenging tasks in an international team with flat hierarchies and quick decision making;
- 200 Euro per month internship compensation;
- 7,5 vacation days for the internship period of three months;
- Competitive NGO salary and annual bonus (depending on company results);
- Flexible working hours;
- Modern office at WeWork (Sony Center) with free networking events, and hot and cold beverages.
The position is open only for candidates enrolled at a German University. The successful candidate will work five days per week in our Berlin office and must be able to work legally in Germany. The internship will last for a maximum period of three months and the intern will work with and report to the Policy Engagement Manager.
Interested? Interested candidates should submit their complete application documents (motivation letter, CV and references/certificates if available) in English, as a single PDF file and via email to email@example.com with “Internship policy team – First name Last name” in the subject line
Before you apply, we’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your understanding.