Water and Development IDIQ Follow-on (WADI II): Chief of Party
DAI seeks candidates to serve as Chief of Party for one of several anticipated Task Orders under the anticipated USAID-funded Water and Development IDIQ Follow-on (WADI II). WADI II is expected to support USAID missions, bureaus, and other operating units in implementing USAID’s component of the U.S. Government’s Global Water Strategy. Task orders implemented under this IDIQ will reflect the Agency’s strategic direction in the water sector, including access to safe drinking water and sanitation, water resources management, cooperation on shared waters and governance and financing
The Chief of Party will be responsible for overall strategic and operational coordination of program activities. S/he should have a comprehensive understanding of issues related to managing a sub-award/sub-contract program that serves clients in developing countries supported by U.S. Government funding; strong management experience, problem solving and interpersonal skills, and experience in budgeting and financial management. S/he will also have experience in interacting with U.S. Government agencies, other donors, and partners.
Possible locations: Mozambique, Ghana, Lebanon, Kenya, Nigeria, Ethiopia
- overall leadership, project planning and implementation, and ensuring timely and high-quality expertise and deliverables for USAID
- serve as the primary point of contact to USAID and contribute to successful, positive relationship with the client and other key stakeholders
- accountable for both the quality of the project, as well as for its effective financial and operational management
- manage a team of technical staff, organizational partners and short-term consultants
- responsible for achieving the expected results of the project and solving problems that may arise
- Master’s Degree (or higher) in water and environmental engineering, public health, business, international affairs, public administration, public policy, or a related field
- Proven technical experience in WASH, water resource management, or a related field in Africa and or the Middle East
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years in the management and supervisory experience of WASH, water resource management, governance, and/or capacity building programs with a US Government foreign affairs agency, international assistance organization, or non-governmental organization.
- Minimum of five (5) years of field experience working in one or more developing countries.
- Demonstrated experience in liaising with high level representatives from both the public and private sectors.
- Demonstrable experience managing teams, with strong interpersonal skills.
Familiarity with USAID regulations and compliance requirements preferred