Consultant: Mid-Term Evaluator
International Water Management Institute (IWMI) is looking for an experienced consultant with an advanced degree in environmental engineering, environmental science, wastewater management or related areas to carry out a mid term evaluation of the project "Wastewater Reuse in the MENA Region: Addressing the Challenges".
The Swedish International Development Cooperation (SIDA) has awarded the International Water Management Institute (IWMI) the implementation of the “Wastewater reuse in the MENA Region: Addressing the challenges” project in April 2018. The project duration is four years till March 30, 2022.
The Project will contribute to reducing water scarcity, increase resilience to climate change, and mitigate the impacts of human displacement on health and livelihoods. The Project will address the challenges that currently limit opportunities to upscale and accelerate the expansion of wastewater reuse across the region. To achieve this the Project will create and support regional and national Learning Alliances in three countries (Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon). Drawing on experience in the region with existing wastewater reuse strategies, the Project will identify promising innovations and validated reuse models to resolve past management bottlenecks that constrain wastewater reuse. Plans for wastewater treatment and reuse will be developed for six settlements in a participative manner. In Egypt, Jordan, and Lebanon, strategic plans and roadmaps for scaling up of wastewater treatment and reuse will be also produced. Across the MENA region, key stakeholders will be engaged, trained, and connected in a network to accelerate the replication of locally viable reuse solutions.
Objective of the Assignment
The mid-term evaluation will cover the duration of the project from its starting date in April 2018 to the estimated mid-term evaluation date before May 2020. It will assess project performance and progress against the evaluation criteria: relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, sustainability and impact.
Scope of Work
The evaluator should provide an analysis of the attainment of the project objective under the four core project components. Through its assessments, the evaluator should enable the stakeholders and donor to:
- verify prospects for development impact and sustainability, providing an analysis of the attainment of project objectives, delivery and completion of project outputs/activities, and outcomes/impacts based on indicators. The assessment includes re-examination of the relevance of the objective.
- enhance project relevance, effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability by proposing a set of recommendations with a view to ongoing and future activities until the end of project implementation.
The key question of the mid-term evaluation is to what extent the project is achieving the expected results at the time of the mid-term evaluation.
Detailed Terms of Reference can be viewed through the link given below.
ToR - Mid Term Evaluator
Country of Assignment: Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon
Duration: 30 days during the period 01 March to 30 April 2020
Your application must include a copy of your curriculum vitae, together with a cover letter and contact information of three professional referees who may be contacted if you are shortlisted.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Advanced degree in environmental engineering, environmental science, wastewater management or related areas.
- Knowledge about technical cooperation and the international development priorities and frameworks.
- Knowledge of and experience in environmental projects management and/or evaluation (of development projects).
- Working experience in developing countries.
- Experience in evaluation and knowledge of IWMI activities will be an asset.