The Assiniboine Watershed Stewardship Association (AWSA) is seeking the services of a full time Watershed Technician to fill a maternity leave position. The Assiniboine Watershed Stewardship Association (AWSA) is a non-profit organization that works with citizens, municipalities, government agencies, and other stewardship organizations on a variety of environmental and water management projects and programming within the Assiniboine River Watershed. The AWSA is one of the most prominent and successful watershed organizations in Saskatchewan; join this young and vibrant organization today! For additional information on the AWSA visit their website: www.assiniboinewatershed.com
The ideal candidate will have experience/education in agriculture, resource management, geography, environmental studies, ecology, biology, etc. The candidate must be a leader with a strong work ethic that is dedicated, positive and energetic, with superior communication and organizational skills, and willing to undertake a wide variety of tasks. Comfort and familiarity with talking to agricultural producers, as well as general public speaking and communication skills are critical. Having knowledge and experience in agriculture with familiarity of the Yorkton area is a definite asset. The candidate must possess strong computer skills – Email, Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher. Experience with ArcGIS is an asset. The candidate is required to possess a valid Saskatchewan Driver’s License and be comfortable/experienced in the operation of ATVs. A company work truck will be used for all work-related travel.
- Employment Term: Tentative January 6th, 2020 start date - February 28, 2021 (opportunity of extension exists for the right candidate)
- Location: Based out of the AWSA office in Yorkton, SK
- Full-time: 40 hours per week, Mon-Fri, 8am-4:30pm
- Position will be a balance of field and office work
- The AWSA provides 12 Earned Days Off per year
- A 3 month probationary period will be in effect for this position, after which the employee will be enrolled in a full health plan covered by the AWSA, in addition to an employer-matching RRSP plan.
- Salary: $42,500 annually, paid monthly
We are accepting applications until 5pm on Dec. 6, 2019. Please submit your resume with references and cover letter in Microsoft Word or PDF formats to Jesse Nielsen, Manager of the Assiniboine Watershed Stewardship Association by email: j.nielsen @awsask.com.
We thank all who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Vacation & paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Subsidised gym membership
- Wellness programs
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Disability insurance
- Vision care
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Company events & social hours