The firm offers a generous benefits package, and an opportunity to develop your skills and grow professionally. To be considered for this opening, please submit a cover letter; your resume; a research-based writing sample (such as a research memo); and a persuasive writing sample to .
Kronick Moskovitz Tiedemann & Girard is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices of the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Kronick is currently seeking a lateral attorney with 5-7 years of experience to join a preeminent California water law practice in the state capital. Candidate must be highly motivated, self-sufficient, and have a high level of dedication and discipline.
Primary responsibilities involve working with public agency and private-sector clients on: (1) federal and state litigation; (2) federal, state and local regulatory negotiations; and (3) a wide variety transactions directly or indirectly involving water resources, including water project development, water transfers, water banking, water service agreements, water company acquisitions, water rights acquisitions, real property purchase and sale agreements, water service rate-setting, and real property assessments for water projects.
Candidate must possess the requisite knowledge, skills and capability to accomplish the essential duties and responsibilities of the position:
- 5-7 years of legal work experience
- Strong writing skills and academic credentials
- Ability to effectively work as a team member, including leading litigation and transaction projects to completion
- Experience in water resources and environmental law a plus
- Experience in local public agency law a plus
- Civil litigation experience a plus
- Academic background or work experience in engineering or science a plus