Social Organizer/Trainer (Water Ambassadors)
Oxfam is an international independent non-governmental, non- profit, organization, which has been working in partnership with Afghan NGOs and civil society organizations (CSOs) on humanitarian, development and influencing programs in Afghanistan since 1962 and Oxfam has established a presence in Afghanistan in 1991.
Oxfam Programme in Afghanistan is part of the global Oxfam Network with 19 affiliates worldwide, working together through Oxfam International, working closely with all Oxfam affiliates to increase the impact. Oxfam’s vision is a just world, without poverty.
As per OiA’s country strategy, the Economic Justice programme of OiA has special focus on:
- Economic Production in Rural and urban areas that contains: agriculture, livestock, income generation activities, off-farm livelihoods such as formation and capacity building of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), self-help groups.
- Natural Resource Management, which includes: watershed and water resource management, soil and pasture management and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR).
- Climate Change adaptation, focused on Alternative Energy Sources and Awareness raising and adaptation mechanism and
- Access to market for Agriculture products, including: value chain of the products improvement, and advocacy with traders, local authorities and government to support local products.
Currently Economic Justice programme implementing the Building Resilience Livelihoods project in Daikundi province and Cashmere Project in Herat and Balkh which aims to improve the livelihood of almond, dairy and Cashmere producers by applying a value chain approach. In addition the program wants to expand its thematic area thus an Urban pilot project is currently implemented in Kabul under this program and some ongoing interventions are in place for NRM programs.
- Work pattern is a mixture of reactive and project work.
- Required to make sound judgements regularly within agreed processes using a good understanding of the team and the facilities of the team.
- Communication largely with internal staff, and with partner communities
- Analysis and internal communication of the locally relevant context to inform appropriate planning
- Some negotiation and representation with local communities
- Networking with peers to develop a shared analysis of local issues, contacts and key players
- Carry out clearly defined tasks laid down by managers / supervisor.
- Meeting with community to mobilize, orient the project activity and intended outcome.
- Identify the potential water ambassadors to participate in capacity building and work in volunteer basis to their community.
- Participate in technical water budgeting training and able to understand the technical terms to pass the same message to water ambassadors and community.
- Conducting different types of water accounting trainings to water ambassadors and the host community
- Resolving the social problems/dispute related to project interventions.
- Understanding the importance of project sustainability and promote its concept among the beneficiaries through dissemination, mobilization and active participation of community in the project interventions
- Assisting the project officers and technical project staff in community awareness rising regarding the importance of the innovative activity.
- Building relationship with communities and village level influential people and relevant government departments.
- Understanding the filling system and record the project intervention in office and community files
- To provide accurate information on project activities for assessment, monitoring, and evaluation in simple written report as per Oxfam standard procedure (annual, baseline, MTR and impact evaluations).
- Collecting related data and coordinate with senior staff for any purposes such as report and reviews.
- Any other tasks assigned by technical team and deputy project manager.
- Diploma on relevant area mainly on (diploma in geology and water sector is preferred)
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience (experience in training is preferred)
- Effective member of team and role model; demonstrates creativity in seeking better ways to do things and shares with team and promotes high standards. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Takes responsibility for own work and delegated project/processes (including some leadership).
- Anticipates problems and regularly provides solutions. Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to maintain administrative systems and processes.
- Works systematically and with limited supervision.
- Commitment to the beliefs, aims and objectives of Oxfam
- Good organisational awareness.
- Successfully manages conflicting priorities
- Shows evidence of proficient time management and organisational
- Diploma on relevant area mainly on, social science or education sector
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
- Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
- Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
- Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.