U.S. nationals: Hydrologist
- GS-05 - $38,900 (Step 01) to $50,567 (Step 10);
- GS-07 - $48,186 (Step 01) to $62,644 (Step 10);
- NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
This is an position is being advertised concurrently with the following announcements: DEN-2019-0323
Learn more about this agency
As a Hydrologist within the Texas Water Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Assist higher-level hydrologists in conducting hydrologic studies by collecting, recording, analyzing and interpreting water-quality data.
- Collect water-quality data and measures water quality field parameters using a variety of methods and equipment.
- Collabrates with others as an effective team member to accomplish broad goals of multi-research reports.
- Processes datasets and applies spatial data analysis techniques to water-quality studies.
- Assist with interpreting reports of water-quality studies and helps prepare hydrologic information in the form of maps, charts, or graphs for inclusion in reports.
- Operates motor vehicle as an incidental driver.
Physical Demands: The position requires moderate periods of standing and sitting while in the office. While in the field, considerable walking, lifting, bending, climbing, and stream wading is necessary to collect data.
Work Environment: Office conditions are normal; field conditions may include extreme heat or cold, rain or snow, and hazardous conditions such as ice or flooding.