Entry Level Water/Wastewater Engineer
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry | Drake Haglan currently has an opening for a full-time entry-level Water Resources Engineer in our Manteca, CA office and is soliciting resumes for consideration. The ideal candidate should have experience with AutoCAD (preferably AutoCAD Civil 3D) and have an interest in water and wastewater planning/design. Most importantly, the candidate should have a strong desire to learn and ability to function in a fast-paced work environment.
- Support Project Engineers and Project Managers with various tasks associated with water/wastewater/storm drainage facilities project development and design
- Prepare hydraulic/process calculations
- Create/execute computer models for water/wastewater systems
- Prepare drawings using AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Compile and draft exhibits for technical memoranda
- Compile engineers’ estimates
- Perform quantity calculations
- Prepare technical specifications
- Maintain project files and databases
- Ability to research and interpret design standards and apply to specific projects
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Skills/ Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering
- Possession of EIT certificate preferred
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel)
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Superior writing skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced professional environment
- Strong desire to learn
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.