Deputy Chief of Party (USAID/Indonesia New Environment Activity)
Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party candidate for the anticipated USAID/Indonesia New Environment Activity. The purpose of the activity is to advance Indonesia's own development objectives to address threats to biodiversity and reduce greenhouse gas emissions from land use. USAID has identified the following two strategic objectives as initial areas of focus: 1) improved subnational environmental governance; and, 2) private sector environmental and social sustainability in supply chains related to agriculture, forestry, and extractive industries.
Role: The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) assumes all COP responsibilities when the COP is not available, and supports the COP on overall administration and management of the project.
- A Master’s or higher degree in a relevant field of study, such as environmental management, agriculture, fishery, spatial planning, economics, public policy; natural, earth, or physical sciences; engineering; business administration; governance; climate change, climate change adaptation, disaster resilience; or other related field (or, alternately, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 3 additional years of relevant experience);
- At least ten years of professional experience in climate change adaptation, disaster risk reduction, or a related natural resources management or environmental field;
- Experience in the administration of similar size international donor support programs with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision and budgeting;
- Hands-on field implementation experience and contract management skills;
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills;
- Relevant work experience in Indonesia or other Southeast Asian countries;
- Proficiency in English, both spoken and written;
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia preferred.
Equal Opportunity statement for U.S. based applicants: Cardno has a long-standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno's team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.