Country Manager/Governance Advisor – West Africa Municipal WASH (MuniWASH)
Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting applications from qualified candidates to join the USAID-funded West Africa Municipal WASH (MuniWASH) Activity. The advertised position will be based in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire. The purpose of MuniWASH is to strengthen the ability of municipal governments and urban water and sanitation service providers to improve, expand, and sustain equitable water and sanitation services to meet the needs of the urban poor and underserved populations.
The Country Manager/Governance Advisor will oversee country-level strategy and implementation across components. The selected candidate will also lead activities to enhance water and sanitation sector governance and management capacity at the municipal level.
* Responsible for overall country implementation and the municipal governance component in coordination with the MuniWASH Chief of Party.
* Serves as day-to-day point of contact between MuniWASH and government authorities.
* Leads implementation of tasks related to improved municipal service delivery capacity and increased public engagement; supports improved policy and advocacy frameworks.
* Supervises technical advisors, short-term technical assistance (STTA), grantees, etc.
* A Master’s Degree (BAC+5) in a related field preferred, a Bachelor’s Degree equivalent required.
* 5-10 years of relevant professional experience.
* Experience implementing donor-funded programs in a management capacity.
* Deep familiarity with national- and municipal-level governance structures.
* Fluency in written and spoken French is required; proficiency in English is preferred.
* Experience working in West Africa. Ivorian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.