Gender and Social Inclusion Specialist – West Africa Municipal WASH (MuniWASH)
Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA, USA is currently accepting applications from qualified candidates to join the USAID-funded West Africa Municipal WASH (MuniWASH) Activity. The advertised position will be based in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire. The purpose of MuniWASH is to strengthen the ability of municipal governments and urban water and sanitation service providers to improve, expand, and sustain equitable water and sanitation services to meet the needs of the urban poor and underserved populations.
The Gender and Social Inclusion (GESI) Specialist will implement the program’s gender approach and advise the project team on GESI strategies.
* Supports activity integration of gender considerations to engage poor and underserved populations.
* Supports implementation of recommendations from MuniWASH gender analysis.
* Supports knowledge sharing and learning related to gender and vulnerable populations.
*A Master’s Degree (BAC+5) in a related field preferred, a Bachelor’s Degree equivalent required.
*5-10 years of relevant professional experience.
* Experience in gender, social inclusion, vulnerable populations, or pro-poor program implementation; WASH knowledge a plus.
*Fluency in written and spoken French is required; proficiency in English is preferred.
*Experience working in West Africa. Ivorian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.