Duties and responsibilities
1. Provide daily and weekly reports on routine sanitation and hygiene promotion activities to the Hygiene promotion supervisor;
2. Monitor latrine cleanliness, usage and maintenance within the assigned blocks;
3. Participate in needs assessment, baseline surveys and any other study relevant to sanitation and hygiene promotion and overall NRC work;
4. Conduct house to house visits, disseminate hygiene messages and encourage Household members and the general community members to fully participate in hygiene promotion campaigns;
5. Participate in NFIs distribution and other promotional materials to the beneficiaries from the assigned blocks;
6. Fill the monitoring checklists for latrines and hygiene promotion activities as well as collect user satisfaction views on safety and privacy of the latrines as well as appropriateness of the sanitation options;
7. To establish good working relationship and collaboration with other implementing agencies and work hand in hand with the existing WASH committees;
8. To assist in selecting the beneficiaries according to NRC vulnerability criteria, if requested;
9. Carry out informal and formal training sessions (according to identified needs) and evaluate the impacts of this training;
10. To carry out community mobilization of all WASH activities;
11. Take account of gender, protection, HIV, the environment, and other important cross-cutting concerns in programme design, implementation, and reporting; carry out activities in a way that reflects the needs of specific groups and individuals e.g. elderly people, minority groups, children, and people with disabilities.
12. Any other assignment as may be required by the WASH Officer or WASH Coordinator
At least 2 years’ experience in a humanitarian and development programme;
Technical background in public and environmental health, water, environmental and civil engineering;
Knowledge of the local language ;
Experience in capacity building and training of staffs and target groups;
Fluent in English written and spoken .
Knowledge of the North west region context, use and habits
Ability to work in insecure environment
We can offer
Contract duration: Fixed term contract, 3 months with possibility of renewal according to the financing
Salary/Benefits: According to the NRC Salary Policy.
Duty station: Bamenda