U.S. nationals: Supervisory Hydrologist
What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
GS-13 - $94,417 (Step 01) to $122,740 (Step 10);
NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
This position is being advertised concurrently with the following announcements: DEN-2020-0011.
Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Hydrologist within the Caribbean-Florida Water Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Responsible for administrative personnel management, and the scientific and technical direction of the section.
- Plans and directs operation of hydrologic data collection network.
- Establishes and overseas the Data Section quality-control procedures for data collection, storage, publication, and analysis.
- Plans program and operations in the Science Center, and initiates and assigns projects in the section to fit the planning of the management team.
- Operates a motor vehicle as an incidental driver.
Physical Demands: Work is primarily sedentary. Field work requires some physical exertion such as; long periods of standing, walking over rough, uneven, rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; or recurring lifting of moderately heavy items weighing under 45lbs such as lifting and carrying stream gauging weights, data collection and monitoring devices, or sample trays.
Work Environment: Work is primarily performed in a typical office setting, Occasional filed work is required, The work regularly involves moderate risk or discomfort associated with visiting filed sites with limited access, under adverse weather or flooding conditions, or exposure to irritants or toxic chemicals. Work may require the use of special clothing or gear such as mask, coats, boots, goggles, respirators, or life jackets.