Intern (m/f/d) for the Climate Smart Cities project in India
The Climate Smart Cities project supports the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) and the partner cities Kochi, Coimbatore and Bhubaneshwar for integrating climate friendly approaches in planning and implementation. The intern will support the project team in Delhi and coordinate with the teams in the partner cities as well as with other projects in the GIZ urban development cluster. The intern will operate from the main office in Delhi.
- Support the project head and the project team in Delhi with general office works as per requirement
- Support the coordination of project implementation in three partner cities
- Support the establishment of a result-based monitoring (RBM) system for the project
- Content writing for the project and partner websites
- Review of technical reports and concepts of consultants and provide recommendations according to the intern’s ability
- Degree in urban planning, architecture, environmental engineering or similar
- Experience in at least one of the following fields: Solid Waste Management, Storm Water Management, Green Buildings, Urban Green Spaces-Familiar with basic design principles
- Excellent English skills (proof: publication/paper or thesis in English)
- Intercultural competence
- Creative and result oriented thinking with the ability to work independently-International work or study experience is desired
- Experiences with city administration is an advantage
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago.
We pay a monthly stipend of €1.580,- (gross). Depending on the country of assignment a monthly expatriation allowance (gross), predetermined by GIZ will be paid on top.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information, please contact Mr. Knopf ( ).