Senior Environmental Officer
About the role
The Senior Environmental Officer sits within the Environmental Operations Office and is primarily responsible for the planning, programming and implementation of projects, campaigns and events to reduce the University’s environmental impacts on all campuses, in line with the University’s environmental sustainability targets.
The key purpose of this role is to work in conjunction with the team and relevant service owners across the University to reduce our environmental footprint in various impact areas including, energy, waste,water, greenhouse gas emission sand sustainable transport .
Responsibilities will include:
- Implementing projects, initiatives and events to engage and enable staff and students to reduce their individul and collective footprints
- Liaising with relevant I&O Group and University staff in performing environmental initiatives guided by environmental policy and procedures and in line with the University’s environmental sustainability targets
- Collecting and managing relevant environmental data for mandatory and requested environmental reporting
- Data analysis and performance reporting as requested
- Problem solving common and unusual problems
Skills & Experience
To be successful you will have:
- Degree with subsequent relevant experience to consolidate the theories and principles learned, or extensive experience, leading to the development of specialist expertise or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience
- Ability to innovate and take responsibility for outcomes
- Technical knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and monitor workflows within own area of responsibility
- Proven analytical and problem-solving capability which may include the development of section procedures and management strategies
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively
- Excellent organisations skills with the ability to time manage and prioritise
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday 10th November , 11:55pm
Position Description below:
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.