Senior Analyst (Water Quality/Watershed Protection Team)
Cadmus is seeking a highly motivated individual with a background in water resources, hydrology, environmental engineering, or closely related fields. Our work primarily supports contracts with government clients in the areas of water quality and watershed science and policy, including surface water quality assessment, management of point and nonpoint source pollution, and development of Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDLs) or other watershed plans.
The successful candidate will contribute to, and lead parts of, projects that include: analyzing, interpreting, and mapping data on watershed or waterbody conditions; developing tools for visualizing, analyzing, and reporting data; researching scientific and policy approaches to the development of TMDLs and related Clean Water Act topics; and writing training and outreach materials.
Applicants must have a record of professional excellence, advanced problem-solving skills, and a demonstrated ability to manage parts of a larger project. If you are interested in applying for this position, you should be highly motivated, detail-oriented, able to work both collaboratively and independently, and able to manage multiple ongoing tasks.
- Plan and implement methods to analyze and interpret data for watershed and water quality projects from a variety of sources, including spreadsheets, databases, APIs, or web services using tools such as R, Python, or Excel.
- Develop technical approaches to complete GIS analysis of raster and vector geospatial data.
- Create interactive map applications.
- Prepare documentation of watershed and water quality data by writing clear and concise descriptions of data sources, analysis methods, and potential uses.
- Contribute to research and training materials (fact sheets, white papers, presentations, etc.) on various Clean Water Act topics such as TMDLs, water quality assessment and impairment listing (Sections 305b/303d), nonpoint source management (Section 319), and healthy watersheds protection.
- Oversee the completion of tasks and deliverables by directing other staff, reviewing draft products, and ensuring that quality standards are achieved.
- One to three years of work experience supporting local, state, or federal water quality programs.
- Knowledge of Clean Water Act programs such as water quality assessment and impairment listing (Sections 305b/303d) and nonpoint source management (Section 319) through research or professional experience.
- Experience using GIS software (preferably ArcGIS) to analyze environmental data layers, such as climate, land use, ecological, or hydrologic data.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage tasks within a larger project, including delegating responsibilities to support staff and ensuring high quality results.
- MS/MA in relevant field.
- Advanced skills in ArcMap geospatial analysis tools, the ArcGIS Online platform, and Story Maps.
- Experience using R or Python programming languages for data management and analysis.
- Experience in professional/consulting business environment.
This position may be located in one of our following offices: Madison, WI, Waltham, MA, Bethesda, MD or Arlington, VA. Some domestic travel may be required.
Cadmus is an employee-owned company. We offer a competitive benefits program designed to give eligible employees a comprehensive total compensation package.
To apply, please submit Cover Letter, Resume, and Writing Sample.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran’s status, or disability.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com