Water Resources Practice Leader
AECOM has an immediate opening for a Water Resources Technical and Business Development Lead. The ideal candidate will be a talented and motivated professional with technical expertise in the Water Resources arena, outwardly focused, and have a successful track record of developing and maintaining client relationships. The position will report to the Hampton Roads Water Business Line Manager and will lead an established Water Resources engineering group providing services to local municipalities and supporting Southeast US regional programs. The appropriately qualified candidate will demonstrate an established career in the Water Resources sector, and have a successful track record of technical group management, client service, and business development. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assume leadership of a Water Resources planning, design, program and construction management services group
- Drive innovation and provide client solutions and project insight through leveraging of gained experience
- Lead municipal water resources business development efforts in the Hampton Roads area. Work with AECOM leadership and local staff on development and execution of growth strategies
- Maintain existing relationships and develop new opportunities with external clients that result in winning and effectively delivering quality projects
- Establish relationships with both external and internal customers, including industry associations and potential consultant team members
- Effectively respond to task order RFPs, deliver projects and broaden client relationships
- Position AECOM for pursuits and support the proposal development process including team formulation, Statement of Qualifications, technical proposals and presentations
- Attend conferences to strengthen existing client relationships and establish new relationships; keep up with emerging technologies and market drivers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or related discipline
- 12+ years of related experience
- Proven track record with municipal client account management, pursuit execution, technical delivery, and program management
- Experience in developing and executing business development strategies and proposals to win new contracts for municipal water/wastewater/stormwater utilities
- A team-oriented individual that can work with operations, project and marketing staff of all levels
- Experience in hydrologic & hydraulic modeling, flood plain management, stormwater regulatory compliance and/or engineering
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated team-building and internal/external networking skills
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other relevant software programs
- Working relationships with Hampton Roads municipal clients
- Master's Degree in related field
- License and/or registration of professional engineer or planner, project management professional.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 227036BR
Additional Locations US - Norfolk, VA - 440 Monticello Ave
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.