Entry Level Water Resources Engineer
The Water Division of AECOM is seeking a qualified and highly motivated individual for a Water Resources Engineer within the Water Resources Department in Austin, TX.
AECOM is pleased to include you in a unique development opportunity, the Graduate Development Program (GDP). This program is designed to support your assimilation into the organization and assist with creating a foundation of knowledge for a successful career at AECOM. You will gain experience in your discipline through learning on the job and participate in development opportunities during the program, including access to AECOM's social media resources, group mentoring, and professional networking. The program also has learning activities that will be available to you, including webinars and on-line programs.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzes hydrologic characteristics of river basins to delineate.
- Builds analytic and design skills.
- Conducts engineering design under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Creates designs, calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings, and final working drawings under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Collects and analyzes data under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Uses computer software as a tool for solving basic engineering problems.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule under supervision.
- The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate qualifications specific to Hydrology and Hydraulic modeling, as well as mapping of resulting flood inundation limits. Candidate should be able to independently evaluate, select and apply standard water resources engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on Hydrology and Hydraulics
- 0-2 years of experience
- Demonstrate previous experience independently performing most if not all the tasks necessary to complete primary design/planning elements in Water Resources.
- Must have the ability to solve problems by use of combinations of standard procedures, modifications of standard procedures or methods developed in previous assignments and receive only general instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features, and possible solutions.
- Candidate shall have knowledge of various water resources modeling programs (HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, SWMM, InfoWorks, StormCAD/CivilStorm, WaterGEMs, etc) and be capable of developing and analyzing systems
- Strong computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Excellent written and oral communication will be needed.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 226844BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.