Temporary Program Managers (Water Security (2))
Are you looking to join the global race to stabilise both the environment and the economy? Are you looking for a role that combines your professional experience with an ethical focus? CDP is where business leaders, financiers and policymakers turn for innovative, systemic solutions. Although temporary, this is an exciting, impact-oriented role working on a globally significant issue – the global water crisis. You will have responsibility for supporting the delivery of key outputs and diving deeply into CDP’s Water Security Dataset, putting this to work to ensure that water is at the heart of business, financial and policy decision-making.
About the team
Established a decade ago, CDP’s innovative Water Security initiative has driven a step change in the way in which the private sector engages with water issues. As we turn our sights to the future, we are seeking two dynamic individuals to work, on a temporary basis, within the Water Security Team to provide the support and insights needed to advance CDP’s Water Security Strategy globally.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading on data analysis and cutting-edge research that informs corporate best practice, mobilises institutional investors and engages policy makers
- Writing compelling briefing notes for funders, policy makers, investors and companies
- Finalizing CDP’s Industrial Water Impact tool ready for use by CDP’s corporate engagement teams
- Supporting the planning and execution of CDP’s 2019 Global Water Security Forum
- Supporting the final stages of development of the 2020 Water Security questionnaire and scoring methodology.
The precise description and nature of your job may be varied from time to time, and you may be required to carry out other duties as necessary to meet business needs.
Required skills and experience:
- A passion for water security and an understanding of CDP’s unique contribution to the challenge
- Strong data analytics experience
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), presentation and marketing skills with a demonstrable pride in delivering high quality products and an eye for detail
- An ability to work independently with minimal guidance leading on projects
- An ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and deliver to deadlines and budget
- A flexible but diligent working style with a proven record of working within a team.
Desired skills and experience:
- Event management experience
- An ability to quickly process complex information and bring new perspectives to solve challenges
- An understanding of the corporate reporting landscape
- Experience of working in a global organization.
There are two temporary roles available:
- A full time, temporary contract based at CDP’s headquarters in Central London, UK.
- A part time, temporary contract, home-based.
Salary and benefits: Salary ranging from £30,000 - £36,000 per annum pro rata, dependent on experience,), 30 days’ holiday excluding bank holidays pro rata, a generous non-contributory pension provision, life assurance, and others.
Applications for this role are welcomed on a rolling basis.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages, to Cate Lamb, firstname.lastname@example.org with "Temporary Manager, Water Security" followed by your name in the subject line.