Chief of Party (KAWAS)
Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Chief of Party (COP) candidates for the anticipated USAID/Nepal Karnali Water Security Activity (KAWAS).
Position Description/Summary: The Chief of Party will provide strategic and technical leadership and overall direction of project activities. KAWAS will increase access to safely managed water and sanitation services, improve water security, conserve biodiversity, and promote climate-resilient agriculture practices and technologies in Nepal’s Karnali River Basin. KAWAS is anticipated to be a 5-year, $24.8 million project based in Nepal. This position is contingent on project award.
* Work closely with the client on the strategic vision and overall leadership of the project team and team’s performance and achievement of all key project objectives.
* Responsible for ensuring successful management, initiation and completion of all contractual deliverables.
* Supervise the field-based technical and administrative team and coordinate with the home office on work planning, activity design, scheduling and implementation, learning, monitoring and communications, and reporting and budgeting.
* Master’s Degree in environmental or civil engineering, natural or water resources management or other relevant field.
* Minimum ten (10) years of experience in senior field management role (such as COP, Project Director or Team Leader) in one or more of the following technical disciplines: water resources management, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) services provision, watershed management, or climate-resilient, small-scale agriculture systems.
* Prior USAID experience preferred.
* Regional experience in Nepal or South Asia preferred.
* Proven track record managing development programs and teams, engaging effectively with stakeholders, fostering collaborating learning and adaptive management and understanding and addressing the needs of the most vulnerable.
* Excellent communication skills in English.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.