Professional Engineer – Water / Wastewater Treatment Sector Focus
Location: Kaysville Salt Lake City Utah
Job types: Engineer , Water/Wastewater Engineer
J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc. (J-U-B) is seeking an experienced Professional Engineer to work in either our Kaysville, UT and/ or Salt Lake City, UT offices. The ideal candidate will display a solid understanding of water/wastewater treatment process design, and a strong ability to communicate with clients and potential clients.
As an employee-owned consulting firm, J-U-B delivers innovative services which allow our clients to succeed, while providing an enriching environment for our employees. J-U-B is one of the largest professional engineering companies in the Intermountain West.
While applying technical and engineering knowledge and skills, this position will:
- Coordinate with water/ wastewater staff in both J-U-B’s Kaysville and Salt Lake City offices, and coordinate with other water/ wastewater professionals within J-U-B’s other offices. This will include communication over email, through telephone and video calls, and in-person.
- Serve as a company wide water/ wastewater treatment process design resource, and technical expert. Provide quality assurance and quality control support for both Utah offices and others. Serve as a mentor to water/wastewater staff.
- Plan, design and implement a wide variety of municipal and industrial projects including water treatment plants, wastewater treatment plants, and water reuse projects.
- Participate in all phases of project planning, design, cost estimating, bidding, construction and post-construction.
- Collaborate with cities/districts, engineers, sub-consultants, contractors, regulatory agencies and funding agencies on projects.
- Analyze engineering data, prepare design calculations, interpret plans and specifications, and make sound decisions.
- Perform periodic fieldwork including construction observation and administration, monitoring equipment installation, and project reconnaissance.
- Put together Capital Improvement Plans, Master Plans, Feasibility Studies, Basis of Design Memos/Preliminary Engineering Reports and Operation and Maintenance Manuals.
- Attend meetings with districts, towns and cities, as required. Attend public meetings, public forums and open-house events to discuss project details and answer questions from the public, as required.
- Utilize design and communication tools such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook. AutoCAD Civil3D, Revit and ArcGIS are a plus.
- Prepare project proposals, including scopes of work, in response to Requests-for-Proposals and Requests-for-Qualifications.
- Serve as a client manager and project manager. Meet with clients, manage the financial and technical aspects of projects, and deliver projects on-time and on-budget. Adhere to J-U-B’s system of project reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering or equivalent. Master’s degree with focus in the water / wastewater treatment sector is preferred, but not required.
- Professional Engineer with 10+ years of experience.
- Certification as a professional engineer in Utah, or the ability to acquire within 6 months.
- Extensive experience in municipal Water or Wastewater Treatment planning and design is required, including experience working directly with clients and leading project teams.
- Technical writing skills are required. Please submit a written work sample.
- Ability to manage staff working in AutoCAD Civil3D, Revit and ArcGIS.
Salary Range: Determined by experience. In addition to a great salary, J-U-B also offers a competitive benefit package including bonuses for qualified employees and the ability to work in a team-centered, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere.